Friday, February 17, 2012

Looking Ahead

February always makes me aware of what is coming, perhaps more than any other month.  Everywhere I look - whether through a window or actually outside - I can see leaf buds, bulbs coming up, more bird species showing up at the feeder, the chickens laying more eggs, the dogs blowing their coats and starting to look sleek...

I am so thankful to have these signs of growth and newness to look forward to because, frankly, sometimes we feel a bit stuck in a rut.  We have our down times, and I'm feeling a bit suffocated by the absolute misery of sixth grade math and growing pains at the moment.

I'm looking ahead to spring birthdays for three of the kids (because even the grown-ups with little ones aren't too old for a birthday surprise from Mom), the sun being up when the kids catch the bus at 6:35, maybe even a little spring cleaning.  Well, maybe that's going a bit too far; I got a little carried away in my enthusiasm.  I'll just go check on my flower beds...

Dwarf Iris, February 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment